I wrote this in my prayer journal yesterday. It reflects my heart experiencing dryness in silent prayer, and my state in life right now as I discern what God is calling me to. Both circumstances feel fruitless, but these often difficult times of uncertainty&quiet are actually rich in grace.
///The Waiting\\\
Pregnant Silence
Nestled in the Womb
of the Blessed Virgin
I cannot
You can
Unseen Growth
Faith is Nurtured
Expectant Hope
In the Silent Womb
Is Life
Waiting in Her Womb
I feel the Beat of His Heart.
Where the Word is, is God, for God is the Word. God is outside of time; therefore God in a way still dwells in the womb of Mary. Did Mary not appear as a pregnant virgin to Blessed Juan Diego? Mary's womb is safe and all life dwells therein, and so I dwell there, as a little child, to receive grace and remain close to Heaven.
I also love the concept of pregnant silence. So much unseen life, the presence of God...silence is teeming with the presence of God, especially on those days we don't hear anything and wonder if He is even there. He is! He is there! And that's when our souls grow.
Praise God.
No comments:
Post a Comment