Last week at Mass, I was all alone in the pew. It was a Sunday Mass and I like to be surrounded by people at Sunday Mass, (though I don't really mind at daily Mass, for some reason). But there was no one on either side of me. At first I prayed that someone would come sit by me. Then God reminded me that this was an opportunity for joy and childlike excitement.
Why, you may ask? Well I shall tell you. Because I could imagine Jacques sitting in the space to the left of me and my guardian angel sitting at my right. It made me pretty happy. I was sitting smack dab between two of my favorites. (I was taught this by a child, by the way. The beauty.)
After Mass, I stayed to pray my prayers of thanksgiving as Fr. Lappe was processing down the aisle. I called to mind the presence of Jacques and my guardian, and thanked them for their prayers for me and presence with me during the Mass. And just as I prayed this in my heart, my ears immediately tuned into the words of the hymn: "saints and angels"...
Thank You Jesus! Alive and well.
Angelle, I just read this today, but I wanted to thank you for sharing your thoughts! Seems like you found some great company to sit next to after all! I'm also really glad you said that you liked people to sit by you at Mass. Because sometimes I want to sit by my friends at Mass and I don't know if they want to sit by themself or not. Now I know one friend who doesn't mind!
ReplyDeleteI plan on calling you for your birthday! Talk to you soon!
Mary